Monday, May 20, 2013

Drenched

A week full of adventures will leave a person soaked!  I'm still dripping, and hoping not to dry off anytime soon.

It was an unusual week.

Derek, Nicole, and I spent Thursday through Saturday in Tacoma at a conference, remembering how to do love.  Through a lot of whimsy, trial, and error, a person can learn to love again.  But it doesn't happen before first falling in and getting soaked in God's love.  By the time we left, few dry spots remained!

Sunday, we asked for God's blessing as seniors stood before us, ready to take on the world as new explorers and missionaries.  It's difficult not to get splashed by the hope, determination, and confidence the graduating youth possessed as they received their blessings.  They were filled and ready!

A quick half hour later, 27 confirmation students came forward to profess their faith, state their desires for even deeper relationships with Jesus, and to be drenched by God's blessing and confirmation.  I've never seen as many bright eyes filled with so much excitement, energy, and Spirit!  By the end of the service, 27 students stood before us, drenched in their baptisms and reaffirmations, full of life.  This is life that only God gives us!

By the end of the second service, I was as wet as the confirmation students.  They were standing to either side of the baptistery, waiting for their final blessing.  There I stood, still knee deep in the baptistery.  The water was warm, but my heart was warmer.  There was no way I was ready to get out.  So I stood still and from the water I gave the final dismissal.  I should have told everyone not to dry off too quickly!

So I got soaked this weekend.  I'm hoping not to dry off too quickly, or at all.  Soaking in God's love and new life makes everything more beautiful, and it makes loving others much easier!

More to come!

Jason <><



No comments:

Post a Comment