Monday, June 10, 2013

No Way?... No Way!

Ever felt like you have nothing left to give?  Ever felt like there's simply no way forward in your day or your situation?

I get the feeling that the way our world works and the way we push ourselves, we often feel like we're totally worn out by the end of the day and that there's nothing left to do but get through the rest of it.  I've been there before.

When we feel all we can do is simply "get through it," the thought of giving more, or giving anything to anything or anyone outside of our main "getting through it" goal seems absolutely absurd.  There's no way that's going to happen!  Not now...

But, it's no surprise there's little room for this kind of thinking in God's kingdom.  God's wisdom in Proverbs reminds us that "One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty" (11:24).  


This challenges me quite a bit when I'm feeling like I have nothing left to give.  But this wisdom also reminds me I am to that point often because it's been a while that I have given to someone or something else that has nothing to do with my own needs or concerns.

Do we ever truly have nothing left to give?  NO WAY!  

When I find I have nothing left to give, I often find that I still have a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, a praying heart to give.  And when I give, I find that my own heart begins to open up to all sorts of new opportunities and directions and God's unending abundance!  That's when it gets good.


More to Come!

Jason <><





No comments:

Post a Comment