Monday, November 11, 2013

Sitting in the Back

Yesterday someone said that the worship from start to finish made it one of the top 10 at Horizons.  It was powerful!  And the best part is that it was good because it came from a whole community of passionate leaders.  The Worship Team put together a very insightful set of songs, our Veterans stood so that we could thank them, Sister Jessy broke and blessed our hearts with her testimonies, and Susan Sapp delivered a message and testimony that spoke directly to most of our hearts and situations.

It was all so good!

Another blessed part of yesterday was that I had the chance to visit the DZ hallways and the Fusion students, and I also had the chance to worship.

During the service, many of our personnel for the day will stand toward the back of the worship center so that they are vigilant and prepared to respond when needed.  I had the chance to stand with a group of them and simply hear God's words enter into my heart.  I also had the chance yesterday to see Horizons, the church that I love and serve, in full motion, holding and engaging the very Spirit and breath of God.  It affirmed in my heart that this is Jesus' church, Jesus' body in the living world.  I sat in awe of this dizzying encounter with what God is doing all around us and within us.  And I affirmed how little it has to do with me, and how much it has to do with what God is doing through me!

Sister Jessy continually said yesterday again and again:  "I don't know how to put into words what I see, but every time I come here, I see you and there is something very special going on here.  I see you and I see Jesus in you.  I see Jesus in you!"

Even from my view, sitting in the back, I too could see Jesus!  Thank you God for being at Horizons the very thing that brings our hearts to life!  Amen!


More to come!


Jason <><

No comments:

Post a Comment