Monday, April 14, 2014

Usually Too Wordy

Last week I blogged about God using me in a way I don't typically get to be used.  This week I'm following up with another unusual event in my life:  a powerful scarcity of words.

Most know I'm rarely short on words.  I admit I fall into the group of people who when lacking what to say about something will say even more in the hopes that perhaps some 25 of the 1,000 words I say may actually be the right ones.

But this weekend was different.  I had planned to send the computer bag I relieved from the harried traveler the day before on Monday while in South Carolina.  As it turned out, I had little time to do so.  It wasn't until this last Saturday that I finally had a chance.

But before I closed the box, I wanted to put something in that bag that would share the good news and power of Christ without closing the heart of the recipient.  After all, I didn't do my kind deed for my own gratification.  But what could I write that would explain my motives and point to Jesus without sounding preachy, churchy, or otherwise self-righteous??

It took me a lot of prayer and a lot of time before I concluded on these simple words:

"Because Jesus loved me and gave me new life, I in turn love you.  Thank you.  (Ephesians 2:4-5)"

That's it.

It still feels strange not to have said more.  But that's all I needed to say.

That's often all we need to say.


More to come!

Jason <><

No comments:

Post a Comment