Monday, December 24, 2012

My Hope

The day has finally come.  There is no other day, no other time in the seasons of our lives, that we come so close to the miracle, light, and freedom found in Jesus' birth.  Although I'm sure some may be getting tired of hearing me speak so much about the importance of this birth and the ultimate importance of Jesus in this season and in our lives, I simply can't help it.  In fact, I don't know what else to say--broken record or not!

But in addition to the truth of the season, this is what I hope will come from this truth for all of us:

My hope this Christmas is that...


  • ...knowing that we do need to slow down, take a breath, and truly be caught up in the present moment, that we each have that sacred interruption in our lives.  Whether we appreciate it or not, whether we perceive it to be "good" or not, my hope is that it is utterly Holy.
  • ...each us is struck by the utter impossibility, implausibility, incredibility, vitality, and sacredness of Jesus' presence in our life and what this remembrance means to our lives and the world.
  • ...somehow, some way, each of us is changed for God's glory.  I hope that each of us can wake up in the morning, whether we go to work, are bombarded by children and family, or are crowed by silence and solitude, in a way, with an understanding, with a new insight that will not let us go back to where we were before--that this season will take us a little farther on our walks with Christ.
 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.  Colossians 3:15

Merry Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Forever!


More to come...


Jason <><

No comments:

Post a Comment