Monday, August 11, 2014

Dancing Pastor

I imagine someone might have said before that there's a lot to be learned by the way someone dances.  No doubt that's true.  Sarah and I have been to two weddings in consecutive weekends that have revealed as much as could possibly be said about a dancing pastor and his wife.  Just yesterday a local report was shared from an eye witness with the other men in my HOME Group during my absence.  Afterward I heard about it:  "Whoa, Pastor Jason!  I heard you have a couple moves on the dance floor!"  Oh my...

For the record, I like to dance.  I may not know how to dance.  But I dance.  It's the movement and the freedom that prove to be the most rewarding.

Sarah also likes to dance.  She's quite quick to learn a new dance, but I wouldn't say she enjoys the same "freedoms" I experience.

When Sarah and I dance together, it's typically an exchange of "C'mon Sarah, let's move and have a blast!" or "Just be free!" and "Jason, what in the world are you doing??" or "I don't think anyone should see their, or "a", pastor moving like that!"  It's a wild and fun ride, as opposites attract and interact even on the dance floor.

So there we are, out on the dance floor, just as we are in life and in faith, bringing each other into the best parts of our lives.  Sometimes we find ourselves on the other sides of the opposites game, and I'm the one helping draw the line of sensibility.  Regardless, we do the best we can to honor the nudge to be free and also the gentle reminder to be wise from each other.  It's a beautiful thing, and it creates some life-long team practices for us.

But as for the dancing itself:  no it'll never get any better, and yes, to one degree or another, I keep dancing, and signing, and making variably funny comments, and loving life.  Amen!


More to come!


Jason <><




No comments:

Post a Comment