Tuesday, September 2, 2014

When You Get a Year Older

Brantley Gilbert at the State Fair
Today I'm a year older than I was yesterday!  I love birthdays!  Do I feel older?  Are there things I regret about being older?  Sort-of, and sure.  I feel like I'm growing up, and I fear not being as in touch with younger crowds as I have been.  Other than that?  Forget it!

So, in honor of my birthday, I've listed some things I've done today and am growing into as I age!
Fishing with my dad

Things I've done in honor of my birthday:

  • Gathered around family to celebrate being alive and how much others care for me
  • Took some time to reflect on this crazy life so far
  • Went fishing with my dad
  • Thanked God and smiled at this life He chose for me
  • Plucked my ear whiskers
  • Scheduled my yearly physical exam




Things I'm growing in:
  • My ability to be a steady, gentle, and wise servant and leader for God
  • My love and appreciation for spending time with my dad and my fun family
  • My eagerness to have children someday
  • Breakfast with the best!
  • My nose, ear, and eyebrow whiskers

Here's to 34 and a great road ahead.  My life has really only begun!




More to come!

Jason <><


No comments:

Post a Comment