Monday, March 16, 2015

Dreaming About Flying

Just last Friday (03/13) a friend asked if I'd be interested in joining him and his boys on an overnight camping trip.  Interested?  Ecstatic!  Hurriedly I packed my bags, gear, and food.  I'm going camping!!

We had hot dogs, a huge fire, plenty of stars, and several stories from the Bible to tell that sound awfully like ghost stories under the right circumstances.  What a blast!  

I know when I've reached a momentary point of peace in my life when my dreams reflect it.  That night, as I lay grounded on a dense mat of muddy grass, I dreamt about flying.  It's one of my favorite dreams.  The feelings and sensations of flying in my dreams are not only brilliant, but also familiar.  I usually wake up half convinced I really can fly in real life.

Just yesterday in worship, I saw someone else flying in his dreams as well.  Brandon Peters, a young man in our church, has been dreaming about singing a song telling how Jesus makes us flawless.  I believe for Brandon this song reaches deeper and speaks far more truthfully than most of us can comprehend.  

When it came his time after the message, Brandon was helped on stage and sat, poised, ready to deliver, proclaim, exclaim, and fly!  And that's what he did.  Flawless with Brandon Peters After the service, many of us came up to Brandon and asked how he felt.  Amazing.  Someone suggested it might have even felt powerful.  Yes, that's exactly it!  


When it comes to flying in real life, I think we actually do.  Colossians 2:10 (NIV) tells us in Christ we have been brought to fullness.  This fullness is the feeling I get when I dream about flying.  This fullness is the feeling I get in those moments of peace and blessing.  Brandon may call it flawless, amazing, or powerful, but there was no doubt he was flying as well yesterday and that the fullness of Christ was and is certainly in him!
And so we fly, and so we are filled, and so, with Christ, we live in his power and in his amazing grace.  Praise God!  Take flight!


More to come!


Jason <><

No comments:

Post a Comment