Sunday, December 29, 2013

Best Resolution Ever! 2014

I won't lie.  I typically have pretty lame success with my New Year's Resolutions.  Not only do I struggle with following through with them, but even in coming up with a resolution I do pretty poorly.

Sound familiar?

My resolution usually ends up looking more like a shopping list for a scarcely-stocked pantry:  For 2014, I'd like to do everything better that I didn't do so well last year, or ever, for that fact...  Here we go New Year!

Yet this year feels different.  I'm not entirely sure why, with a fairly mediocre track record, I suddenly feel qualified to share my 2014 resolution so resolutely, in addition to sharing some recommendations for others on setting good resolutions, which follows below.  But this is what I'm being led to share, so here's to 2014!

Setting Your New-Year Resolution:

  • Limit yourself to only 1 (and no sub-parts!)
  • Consider attitude-related or qualitatively measured goals rather than numeric goals
  • Consider resolutions that will have more positive affects on others more than just yourself
  • Consider resolutions not so private you can't share with anyone.  Share-able goals easily become goals a whole group of people can set together, and they also lend themselves to friendly accountability much more easily.
  • Consider a goal that is faith related.  God loves to help you grow for His glory!
  • Set your resolution and map out some steps you'll take to help you get there!
  • FINALLY:  spending thousands of dollars on your resolution rarely has a direct relation to how likely you are to accomplish your goal.  Instead, consider routinely using the display treadmill model at the store rather than bringing it home to hold your laundry and unfinished craft items.  
What's MY 2014 New Year's Resolution?  It's simple:  to share with more people outside of my vocational setting my story of who Jesus is.  

Want to join me and have the same resolution?  Post on my Facebook page that you're joining me.  We'll do this together!  


More to come!  See you in 2014.

Jason <><



No comments:

Post a Comment