Monday, February 23, 2015

Will it Ever Stop??

There are many cycles and seasons of pain, loss, and frustration in our lives when we're definitely asking God and others if there will be any end to it.

Yet, we also have to acknowledge the cycles and seasons that bring sustained joy and levity to our lives and faith relationships.  Although it's currently a blustery -5 degrees and a Monday, today's a day for me to do just that.

Here's the seemingly endless list of awesomes in and around my life right now.  Celebrate with me!
 We released and celebrated Horizons' new face and future last Sunday.  It was a total blast and boost to God's presence and energy in our midst!  Connect, grow, lead for life-changed life change.

 Last Wednesday came around and we came together for our annual Ash Wednesday service.  Not only was it a powerful spiritual worship, but we had the honor of Jamie, Pastor John and our intern Jonathan lead us in our time together.
 Friday came around and over 70 women came together for a 2-day simulcast UnWrapping the Bible and digging deeper into their faith lives.  I got to sneak in as Pastor on Friday and was blown away, and I've already heard TONS of life-change stories come from this weekend.  Wow!
 Saturday rolled around and Sarah left early to coach her Young Athletes competitors in their annual Special Olympic basketball tournament.  I joined her later to watch her love on her kids and get into the games.  I also ran into several Horizons families and athletes who bring me joy!



























Sunday showed up, and in addition to an exciting beginning of a new series "All Things New," I was blessed by our second Be Horizons class (formerly VCC) and the mighty facilitators.  I was also blessed by our HOME Group, which we didn't know would take off or not, but has now become a lively, lovely, and honest family for Sarah and me.




Now it's Monday, and our "His Little Feet" children and chaperones will soon be with us!  I get to host a child in our home and am very excited for their performance!








AND... as if that wasn't enough, this Sunday several Horizons people including Sarah and I will be heading to Omaha for our Weekend to Remember marriage retreat experience, and several other families will be joining their 3rd Grade students for the Bible Blitz to learn about the new Bibles they will be receiving!




 I praise God for all these things, and hope they will ALL lead to life-change beyond what we could ask or imagine.  AND, yes, I hope it never ends!!


More to come!


Jason <><



No comments:

Post a Comment