Monday, July 27, 2015

VBS BlogFest Night 1!

Below is just one story of how God's working in our lives, situations, and plans.  Do YOU have a story from night 1 or 2?  Let us know (jason@horizonschurch.org)!

Everest VBS: Night 1

Tonight was the first time in 6 years that I was a Crew Leader. I have been attending VBS at Horizons since 2009 but in the capacity of Red Crew Coach for the past 5 VBS’s. I enjoyed my time as a Crew Coach, but both myself and my-co Crew Coach decided last year that it was time to pass on the reigns to someone else and share our time and talents in different capacities. I signed up for Security, but at the last minute was asked if I would be able to sub as Crew Leader and I said sure.

I had forgotten what it’s like to have a group of kids on the first night who don’t know each other and are unsure of the craziness that is Horizons VBS. As the night progressed we had a great discussion after the movie and the girls I had in my crew were the first to volunteer in Bible Adventures. By the time we got to games they were having a great time and working together as a team. They still were unsure about the singing and dancing until “Spin”. Then they all had smiles on their faces and were having a blast!

As I looked around the Worship Center, during closing, it was amazing to see how fast the kids had changed from being shy and unsure to jumping up and down and having a blast in just a couple of hours. God has truly blessed Horizons with great Crew Leaders and Volunteers and I can’t wait to see how He will continue to work through all of us the rest of the week.


~ Kelso Larsen


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment